November 23, 2011
At any rate, professional marketing people don't. Presumably they are paid to exhibit that dauntless Pollyanna spirit that makes the rest of us want to hit 'em with a hammer.
I'd written a stern email to the Nabisco company regarding their sad tampering with that delicious snackable stand-by, Wheat Thins. For years now, one knows where one is with Wheat Thins. Until the recent box I purchased, which contain not what I would deem Wheat Thins, but small, smooth, dark tan squares suitable for tiling bathroom walls (though admittedly one would need to use a lot of shellacking).
This afternoon I received a personal response:
Thanks for getting in touch with us about WHEAT THINS Crackers.
We recently made some changes to the formula for our WHEAT THINS Original and WHEAT THINS Reduced Fat Crackers to make them more delicious - and a healthier snack!
We added whole grain - going from 5g per serving to 11g per serving. We also removed the high fructose corn sweetener, and decreased fat and sodium levels slightly.
If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!
Associate Director, Consumer Relations
Hmmm....which part of "I hate what you've done to Wheat Thins!" did Ms. McMiller not understand? I daresay the new recipe might conceivably have made them healthier, but I can say without hesitation they are definitely not "more delicious." They are awful.
Still, she confirmed my fear, which is that Nabisco has, indeed, tampered and tinkered with its recipe for Wheat Thins.
Let the mourning commence.
Comments are closed.
Post a Comment
- Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.
- Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. I've been hoping the election will be OVER on the 6th.
- Halloween party at Kirstin's house.
- This evening I've been flipping through the new issue of "Fort Worth Texas" magazine.
- MargaretinVa on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- R. Scott Clark on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.