March 26, 2007
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you
least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of
your unit." (Army magazine of preventive maintenance)
"Aim towards the Enemy." (Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. (U.S. Marine Corps)
"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground." (USAF Ammo Troop)
"If the enemy is in range, so are you." (Infantry Journal)
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed." (U.S. Air Force Manual)
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Macarthur)
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo." (Infantry Journal)
"You, you, and you -- panic. The rest of you, come with me." (U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.)
"Tracers work both ways." (U.S. Army Ordnance)
"Five second fuses only last three seconds." (Infantry Journal)
"Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last, and don't ever volunteer to do anything." (U.S. Navy Swabbie)
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." (David Hackworth)
"If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush." (Infantry Journal)
"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection." (Joe Gay)
"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once."
"Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do." (Unknown Marine Recruit)
"Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you."
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him." (USAF Ammo Troop)
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I
am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing." (At the entrance to the old SR-71
operating base, Kadena, Japan)
Post a Comment
- Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.
- Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. I've been hoping the election will be OVER on the 6th.
- Halloween party at Kirstin's house.
- This evening I've been flipping through the new issue of "Fort Worth Texas" magazine.
- MargaretinVa on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- R. Scott Clark on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.