March 30, 2006
Finally received a call from Charles this evening! He says there
are no pay phones in the barracks, only at the NEX, and when he was
there yesterday he didn't have a phone card.
Anyway, he's sharing a room with one of his best friends from boot
camp, which is nice. Thirty of his graduating class came to
Groton, enough so their class begins next week, meaning no leave until
On the plus side, his A-school will be in Groton, so he won't be
transferring elsewhere, and it doesn't take but a few months.
Why, he'll be posted somewhere for his first assignment before we know
where we are.
He's determined to do as well as possible in his A-school, for the top
of the class gets first pick of where they want to go. His friend
Joseph's school should be completed in December (apparently learning
how to shoot missles takes longer), and their plan is for him to get
posted wherever Charles goes.
Hmmmm. We'll see how that works out, won't we? Best laid plans....!
Anyway, he's happy and settled, so that's good. Didn't know his
snail mail address, so couldn't give it to me. Hopefully he'll
write soon, assuming he wants to receive mail.
Comments are closed.
Post a Comment
- Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.
- Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. I've been hoping the election will be OVER on the 6th.
- Halloween party at Kirstin's house.
- This evening I've been flipping through the new issue of "Fort Worth Texas" magazine.
- MargaretinVa on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- R. Scott Clark on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.