May 31, 2007
As soon as it's built, anyway.
Check this out: All aboard for the Harry Potter rollercoasterJ.K Rowling, who became the world's
first billion dollar author on the back of Harry Potter's success, has given the go-ahead for the creation of a Florida
theme park dedicated to the schoolboy wizard. "The plans I have seen look incredibly exciting and I don't
think fans of the books or films will be disappointed," Rowling
said of the Orlando park that is scheduled to open in 2009. The park is a joint venture between Warner Bros
Entertainment, whose Potter films have so far grossed more than
$3.5 billion worldwide, and Universal Orlando Resort.
In a statement rich in entertainment hyperbole, the
builders of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" said they
planned to "create the world's first immersive Harry Potter
Barry Meyer, chairman and CEO of Warner Bros.
Entertainment, said: "Over the years we've received thousands
of letters from fans around the world wishing they could visit
Hogwarts (School) and the wonderful locations described in each
of J.K. Rowling's beloved stories."
Don't tell me that's not going to be cool. It's going to be wicked cool.
Here's some additional info:
Universal plans a 20-acre "Wizarding World," a little bigger than the
average size of its themed "islands" at Islands of Adventure. Part would be
carved away from what is now "The Lost Continent" island, and the rest would
be land now used for employee parking and park support, outside the back
The new, "seventh island" would feature reconstructed and rethemed
attractions, and all-new ones, Scott Trowbridge, vice president of Universal's
Creative Studios, said in an interview. The Hogwarts castle and locations from
Rowling's Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade village will be created as backdrops
to attractions, shops and restaurants.
Three-time Academy Award-winning production designer Stuart Craig, who
designed sets for all the Harry Potter movies, leads the "Wizarding World"
That last bit is very good to know.
Post a Comment
- Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.
- Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. I've been hoping the election will be OVER on the 6th.
- Halloween party at Kirstin's house.
- This evening I've been flipping through the new issue of "Fort Worth Texas" magazine.
- MargaretinVa on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- R. Scott Clark on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.