June 22, 2006
Jessica stopped by for a few minutes this afternoon (driving all the way over here, before having to head right back up to Fossil Creek to the Chili's at which she works) to see Brianna.
Turns out a couple of days ago she was given a card from a man who gets birds out of chimneys! Is going to call me with the info.
And she was very pleased to be able to give me one of her brand, spanking new business cards! You know you've arrived when you've got company-issued business cards.
Brianna's a child of high energy ( ) so I took her to the rollerskating rink where, with my inimitable timing, we arrived 20 minutes before it closed. On the plus side, the owner kindly let Brianna skate for free. While there I snagged a few photos:
This one might need a little 'splaining. You are doubtless familiar with the games played at these rinks? Well, there was one called...no kidding....Dead Bug:
When "Dead bug!" is called, the skaters drop to the floor onto their backs, wave their arms and legs in the air and shriek.
Brianna adored it. A little after 5 p.m. Don surprised us by arriving home! Normally he wouldn't arrive for another couple of hours.
The reason? He thought he'd take Brianna to the park. What a super husband and granddaddy, huh?
Comments are closed.
Post a Comment
- Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.
- Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. I've been hoping the election will be OVER on the 6th.
- Halloween party at Kirstin's house.
- This evening I've been flipping through the new issue of "Fort Worth Texas" magazine.
- MargaretinVa on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- R. Scott Clark on Well, boo. Add a "hoo" to that, even, for a boo-hoo.
- TheClingingVine2 on The imagination - and peculiar taste - of vodka distilleries never ceases to amaze me.